Thursday, February 18, 2010

Death Cough!!

I started this blog to keep track of all the eventful things that happen in my last months of university and the months I spend at home preparing to move to Calgary. Turns out, eventful things don't happen all that often. At least nothing worth sitting down to write a blog about, and definitely nothing interesting enough for people to want to read. I'm running out of things to do at this point, so I'm going to write a blog about nothing anyways!

For the last week and a half.. or more.. I have been basically trapped in my room trying to recover from, what I like to call, Death Cough. It resembles a cold in the sense that you have the typical stuffy nose and sore throat, but after the first week of regular cold symptoms I'm left feeling perfectly fine for the most part until Death Cough attacks. Of course, this generally happens when I'm wanting to go to sleep.. so around 1am to 2am.. and nothing helps.

I've tried Buckleys, which was the worst of all the medicines I've tried. It was so bad that it required two people in order to choke down the recommended two teaspoons. (Thanks Kate) I relate the experience to eating two teaspoons of vicks vapour rub. Not a good time.

After seeing a doctor, I'm told to try DM syrup, which has been the best cough syrup when combined with two nighttime cold and flu pills. These two cough suppressants are enough to knock me out.. for about 10 minutes to an hour. Death Cough wakes me up periodically throughout the night and then goes away when it's time to get up in the morning.

I'm still taking suggestions from anyone who has a miracle cure for Death Cough. I'm trying Neo-citran tonight. I've been drinking lemon tea, taking day and nighttime cold and flu pills, two different kinds of syrup and about 15 packs of Halls.

Death Cough combined with excessive shakiness, (I assume from the multiple medications listed above) have kept me from doing anything eventful, which leaves me with nothing to blog about. Spring Break is next weekend, which means a trip to the Valley. I'm sure blog-worthy events will take place at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment