Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Accepted!!

Holy Moly! I can't even believe it. After explaining to a friend how I would have to take the long road to becoming a teacher because my chances of getting into an education degree were slim, I check my University of Calgary account and what do ya know! They accepted me! Conditionally, of course.

After running down the hallway I finally found people to share the news with... and then cried uncontrollably for a few minutes. I've already called my mom twice today for insignificant reasons, and the one time today that I call her with important news, shes not home!

I called my brother instead and this is how he answers, in his low and unenthused voice, "You're lucky. I'm just running to my locker to get my keys. I'm working though. What do you want?" I was hoping that my crying would make him cry with happiness as well. That didn't happen... but he congratulated me all the same.

This is officially the beginning of the exciting journey of finally getting to where I really want to be. (no offence Mom and Dad, who are luckily quite challenged in the technology department)

3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I believe that we should start all of our beginnings with great expectations. Don't you agree? Love, Cara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats Gouldie! This is really going to be an awesome time for you. I'm kinda jealous, I'd love to go out West. So enjoy yourself while you're there, for my sake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks guys!! Cara, I definitely agree! I have huge expectations and I know I won't be let down. I know for sure its where I'm supposed to be :) I miss you verrry much!
    And don't worry Jessi, I'll enjoy it for both our sakes! haha :)

    ReplyDelete