Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Seriously, Who Hole-Punched My SpiceGirls CD?

I've floated around throughout the last 21 years. I've lived in three different places in Kentville alone. Two places in Fredericton and one in Alberta.. soon to be two and God knows how many times I'll move around within Alberta. During these moves I generally enjoy packing. I like finding things I haven't seen in years like pictures, journal entries, stuffed animals, etc.. etc.. The sad part is, this round of packing will be the last BIG pack for a long time. Most of my childhood crap will be going in storage. (I say crap in a loving way. The memories make me smile, but lets face it, a brown musical lamb that used to be white isn't exactly.. well.. NOT crap.) So once the majority of this stuff goes into the back of storage I likely won't see it again, at least not until I have a permanent residence. This blog is to highlight some of the funny things I've come across while opening up boxes that I haven't opened since my previous move.

1. Some of my favorite cds. Most "stolen" from my parents. The Wild Strawberries, The Everly Brothers (which my stepmom has tried to replace for my dad, but hasn't been able to find the one I have.. oops) Hanson, multiple Much Dance mixes, and my first Spice Girls cd, to name a few.. there's about 50 cds. Also, who decided it would be a good idea to hole-punch my Spice Girl cd?? I'm lookin at you, Ryan!


2. I'm going to type out word for word a school assignment of mine that I found, and framed. Why I went so far as to frame it, I'm not entirely sure.
Fackts about Big brothers and Big sisters
My name is AMANDA and I have a big brother his name is ryan he is mean to me. sometimes But some times he is nice and I want him to be nice to me all of the time. He loves me and I love him but we don't now it he said that he likes me but he dosint thingk he loves me. and Jannafur dosint thing that ether. And my brother whanted me to take oof lOVE my ounckel spelt his name on my STUFF.

3. One of the journals that I found from my first year of university made me laugh pretty hard. I basically wrote about a crush I had on a guy in my criminology class and actually wrote "I hope he's not gay!" ... .. turns out he is.

4. An entire box of magazines. From Tiger Beat to Cosmo. Why did I keep all of these? Now what do I do with them? Leave them in the box, mark it "storage" and leave it for my mom to deal with? Alright!

Thats about it. Along with many baby pictures, photo albums, clothes and crap, I've managed to pack most of my life into three different sections. "Storage," "Storage-Calgary Eventually" and "Sell"

Just another part of the transition.

2 comments:

  1. When I saw the title of this blog I actually laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everyone has one of those adorable, horrible spelling, homework assignments. I have one very similar about my little brother. I'mma try and find it now!

    ReplyDelete